The WHA Rising Leaders Program will create and grow a network of emerging leaders and mentors within the West Houston Association that will share information and access to enhance understanding and the ability of these leaders to make positive changes in West Houston.
The WHA Rising Leaders Program is an exclusive two-year experience. Each year, WHA and key partners will host various exclusive events for WHA’s Rising Leaders. Sponsors are invited to attend most events but not required to attend. WHA Rising Leaders and Sponsors will help shape WHA Rising Leaders Program events, speakers, and topics; engage in WHA activities; and learn what WHA resources are available to them. The steering committee (2018: John Moody, Mark Kilkenny, Mark Gehringer, Colleen Castroman) guide programming and other decisions. At the end of the program, WHA Rising Leaders will be better informed of the role of WHA and the opportunities that are available to them through WHA committees, initiatives, and events. Rising Leaders will be invited to attend an Executive Committee Meeting, the West Houston Delegation Reception Event, the Holiday Party, Major Employer tours, and one of WHA’s Fundraising Events.
- Introduce WHA’s Rising leaders to established leaders in WHA and the broader community to work to continue quality growth in the West Houston Area;
- Cultivate WHA Rising Leaders’ participation in WHA’s committees, event, and initiatives;
- Provide the perspective of WHA Rising Leaders to WHA, its Board, and the public; and
- Facilitate ongoing learning and leadership opportunities for WHA Rising Leaders in the West Houston Association and other key organizations.
RISING LEADERS – CLASSES
Jon D. Polley
WHA Rising Leadership Criteria
To be considered for the WHA Rising Leaders Program, you must:
- Be nominated by a Quality Growth Partner
To learn more about The West Houston Association Rising Leaders Program, please call: 713.461.9378 or email: email@example.com.
Class 5 Mentorship with WHA Leadership
Transportation Round Table – May 2020